Exclusively Android

Friday, March 2, 2012

One Touch Expenser android app.

The aim of one touch expenser is not to be loaded with features but to be intuitive and easy to use.

Target audience
Anyone who wants to keep track of their day to day personal expenses and analyse their spending patterns to cut down unnecessary expenses.

The app is not for: 
Not a comprehensive expense manager. This does not support multiple accounts, currencies, reconciling etc etc. If your aim is to track your business expenses then the app is not for you.

Inspiration
Inspired from the difficulties faced in recording the expenses with the current expense manager apps in the market. Forgetting to enter expenses was the biggest problem in maintaining expense records. 
It was not the problem with apps per se. It was my own problem that I kept forgetting to enter the expenses. An app cannot help me if I do not record my expenses!!

How this app is different
So does is this app magically know all my expenses without me entering my expenses?!? No. You still have to enter the data :). Its all about ease of recording your expense. 

Right time to record your expense:
Right time is the moment you spend your money. That moment when you swipe your card or hand over the cash is the moment you should record it. But... It is so difficult to enter the data on the move. 

Problem with current apps:
After I fill up my gas tank, I should stop my car, take out my phone, open the app, enter the amount, enter note, select the Automobile category, then Fuel sub category, save. exit. Phew!! I neither have time nor patience for it. So what do I do? I'll think, let me record it once I reach the place. Then I'm busy and I will not remember to enter data. After 3-4 days, when you are entering your expenses, you will start remembering and it becomes a mess.

One Touch Expenser?
With one touch expenser, after I fill up my gas tank, I will simply touch the One touch button on the widget and I'm done. I need not do anything else.
Then in the evening, when I'm home relaxing, phone will remind me to fill up the details of the expense. Since the expenses are for the same day, I can easily remember details of all the transactions I made. Even if I'm unable to enter details at the time, I will be reminded the next day. Phone will show me the date and time to help me remembering the transaction.
You can snap a photo if it helps to remember the details as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment